Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Artists Can Claim $1000 At Tax Time

If you:
  • composed a dramatic, musical, or literary work;
  • performed as an actor, dancer, singer, or musician in a dramatic or musical work;
  • performed an artistic activity as a member of a professional artists' association that the Minister of Canadian Heritage has certified; or
  • created a painting, print, etching, drawing, sculpture, or similar work of art. For income tax purposes, it is not an artistic activity when you reproduce these items.
Claim up to $1000 in expenses or 20% of your employment income (e.g. <$5000). Here is the full link.

No comments:

Post a Comment